Friday, 4 May 2012

My week off - the good, the bad and the naughty

The bad most certainly been the weather! It's been absolutely freezing in the UK

I have been trying to get into the habit of being healthier. I have been swimming every day except Wednesday when Mum (who also has the week off) and I did a touch of shopping instead. I love swimming, I'm not bad at it, I generally do crawl and pride myself on my good technique. I generally do 40x25m which is 1km. Funnily I can swim 250m without being out of breath, but would be wheezing like an accordion if I'd been jogging!
Here's my local pool, weirdly it turns up in my dreams, especially if I haven't been there for a while. It's super 80s, it's barely changed since it opened and I learnt to swim there when I was little
I always want to jump into an empty pool!! I love night swimming too!
Funnily enough, I have very little sense of self consciousness when swimming and don't care who seeing me in my cozzie!

I've also been walking a lot this week. I've missed two morning walks due to oversleeping - naughty!! But the mud ensures a really good work out on the legs. I've been listening to a lot of bird song and watching them in my garden, Mum knows all their songs so gradually I'm getting better. I'm better at identifying them visually.
We saw these Red-Legged Partridges in our garden last night. They're quite comical

 The way he walks cracks me up

Blue tits are a permanent fixture in the garden, they're such sweet little things, though they throw half of what they pick out of the feeders onto the ground. They form queues to get to the feeders, this also happens across different species, though some bigger birds barge in...

I've been out for two meals this week, one to a local pub
Hidden in a valley in a village called Bryants Bottom (snigger) it does basic pub grub. It has the unusual advantage of nice locals who don't stare when you walk in

We also went for lunch at Hughenden Manor which is also very close
This had lovely food but lots of retired people in hiking gear staring at you

There's a secondhand bookshop there and I picked up this lovely little book on garden birds sponsored by Cussons, I mainly bought it for the fantastic 1950s adverts


If only these still existed!

So I've generally been good, I've been eating alright, not skipping breakfast but not dieting. I'm just bad at dieting, I'd rather do more exercise. I've also been doing 30 sit ups a night.

But... 

I've been naughty

oops, Clarks leopard print smoking slippers! They had a sale on! What is a girl to do?!

I also won this dress on ebay, so can't wait for warmer weather so I can show this off


I haven't been in a charity shop all week!! I'm sure I'm make up for this at the weekend when I go in town and head to the church fete on Bank Holiday Monday!

Just heard that MCA/Adam Yauch from The Beastie Boys died today, which makes me sad, they're a fantastic group. This is still one of my all time favourite videos and an amazing song, there's nothing else like it

20 comments:

Katrina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your week has been absolutely fabulous! And i hear you on the weather - I live in Ireland and it is so shitty right now. So cool that you`re a nature lover and can identify all the little birds - wish i had someone to teach me all their names like your mum. And those shoes are so gorgeous!!! And if they were on sale that`s even better)
Amazing how you have such determination to exercise - I am the same way. I rather not diet but just be more physically active. Especially since I`m vegan so I know i eat all the good stuff.

>'.'<

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your week off sounds fab. Your local pool is dead swanky compared to Walsall's! That red legged bird made me laugh, I love the way he's scuttling around.
The weather is just crap, Monday sounds abysmal. Just as well you've found so many bargains and treated yourself over April, no chance of a car boot this weekend!
Love those slippers and that frock! Have a fab weekend. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You better keep those shoes safe or I might just steal them off you, they are LUSH.

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I had shoes like that once upon a time, they were black though, and wearing them, I thought I was Sarah from the film 'Labyrinth', hehe!

Bella Q said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those bird are in your backyard? I wanna live where you're living. Red legged Partridges are adorbs, and you had me at Blue Tits. Happy weekend to you! xo -Bella Q

Vintage Jane said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so envious of those of you who swim like fish. I flounder madly and hate to even get my face wet ... pathetic. I LOVE your shoes. Have a great weekend. M x

Vintage Bird Girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So sad about Adam from the Beastie Boys. Their songs bring back so many memories. I love your new shoes. I wish we had Clarks here. And how cute are those birds! I love the Partridge....so pretty. Birds always bring a smile to my face. Hope you have a great weekend. Xx

Camelia Crinoline said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those birds are adorable and their names are just as cute. The smoking slippers are perfect. I have a huge weakness for leopard print.

Bijou Sugar-Socks said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

O-M-G! i covet your smoking hot smoking slippers! *drool*

SACRAMENTO said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I adore your naughty buys, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Have a lovely weekend, my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It sounds as though you have enjoyed your week off, apart from the shitty weather! See, you are a proper country girl, with your bird watching and muddy walks!
I don't think I've ever been to Hughenden; my niece has a voluntary job there in her university holidays.
Now I've got some serious shoe envy, I'm on the hunt for a pair of leopard print flat shoes, but can't find anything on Ebay (I'm too tight to buy them from a proper shop, of course!) So I am admiring your leopard slippers while cursing a little...
Love the frock, I've got quite a weakness for those cute gypsy style dresses. Model it for us, please!
PS. Aren't you impressed that I haven't made a single CRACK about Bryant's Bottom????? xxxxx

LUCEWOMAN said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like a very good week to me, fail to detect any naughtiness. Those Cussons ads are delightful, so much better than today's advertising.
I love swimming, but can't swim as well as you, if I won the lottery, a house with a pool would be top of my list.
Beautiful dress, great design and colour - bring on the sun....

Pull Your Socks Up! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that you dream of the pool you learnt to swim in and go all trance-like while swimming - that's so awesome!! As are your new SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES - arrrrggghhhhhh!!!! Not only are the gorgeous, but I'll bet they super comfy and I can't wait to see you in your scrummy new red frock - thanks so much for more wildlife/local shots - I think the punters are gonna go loco when they see you in your frock!! xoxox

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I cannot wait to see you in that fabulous frock! Ah, I LOVE eBay! :D And those shoes--diviiiiine!

That's so awesome that you're swimming and walking..it's so great to enjoy exercise. I feel the same way about dieting..I'm just lousy at it. Iol So proud of you. It's such a great feeling. Whenever someone says "exercise", I think endorphins, which then makes me think of dolphins (naturally)..which just makes me beyond strange. lol

"This had lovely food but lots of retired people in hiking gear staring at you" <---THIS made me cackle, 'cause I feel like this is my life most of the time. lol And blue tits..why can't I get over that? lol XOXO

Liz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the Cussons ads - great colours!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That pool looks lovely! I cant swim at all.
Good for you walking and swimming does a body good.
Oooo that red frock looks like a Mexi-dress.
I love the phrase "blue tits"
love those vintage Cussons adverts.

besios

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love those naughty leopard-print slippers!

Hope Adela Pasztor said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that red dress! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love those slipper shoes! I'm banning myself from buying any more pairs though! I can't wait to see you in that frilly frock. xx

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello darling! Good for you - all that swimming and walking is marvellous for teh constitution! So glad you've had such a lovely week - and good for you for the fab new shoes!!! Outfit pics please! Sarah xxx