Friday, 20 April 2012

Got My Charity Shopping Mojo Back

Damn straight I've got my Charity shopping mojo back.
Most of it was thanks to the YMCA who I'd previously been moaning about as pricing up their "retro clothes"  - thanks until I found out they had 3000 items in store and the manager was going to watch out for stuff for me!!!
Prepare yourselves.

I was being pestered as there was a thunderstorm and they tend to pant, get clingy and follow me everywhere.
Apparently I look like a cardboard cutout in this photo
I wore this to work, minus the cape which I bought for £6 in the YMCA shop
Lace top  - darling Vix
Trousers - Charity shop

I love this top! - charity shop - Oxfam


Wow, that'sa bright top - Charity shop again -Oxfam this time

This was amazing find - an original Pendleton 49er jacket for £6 (thanks to Wes for his Pendleton expertise)





Jacket  - Charity shop
 Scarf - Charity shop
Flares - Fat face sale

Oh I hope Curtise doesn't mind me copying her. After her last post I really really wanted a lawn cotton nightie. I found this sweet cotton M&S one which is fantastic and only £2.50. Maybe we could have a sleep over?

I don't rat my hair (eew)
I get ill from one cigarette
(cough, cough, cough)
 Keep your filthy paws
Off my silky draws


Scarf - charity shop

I can confirm this is the comfiest piece of clothing ever. Although try not to take too large a step as your legs are trapped! 

I got 3 other scarfs from that charity shop too, they let me go through a bin liner full of them!!
There seemed to be loads of psychedellic patterns. I just couldn't resist!



Thanks to Ruby for modelling them.

I  also popped into another charity shop. I was allowed out the back to look for large pictures to paint La Dama onto, lucky girl :S  - I picked up this crocheted coaster for 10p


These tiny wooden monkeys were a present for a Mike for continuing with the nicotine avoidance... I love them, I've got two large ones, I think they're Danish!


I also picked out......


Two Squirrells!!! So, Vanessa, email your address and I'll post them. They're really small and light, you could turn them into earrings perhaps!

I'll probably be back tomorrow as we're going to this bookshop
Hey  - Helga, look it was featured in Midsomer Murders. Apparently, for you Terry Pratchett fans, this was the inspiration for "L space"
For all you book nerds it apparently has 50,000 books!!

This has been a completely bizarre day weather wise. We had thunder, lightening, sun and hail... hail down the chimney.


23 comments:

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

AHHHHHHH! Okay, now that I've got that outta the way..SO MUCH FABULOUS! :)

Everything is so lovely and fits you to a T. I LOVE that floral top--Oh my gosh!!! And the colorful one with the pussybow! And the cape, jacket, nighty, and scarves..YES! You've made my day. I'm get so excited for others great finds! :D

PS - You make me want to get bangs..or fringe, rather.. :D XO!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Fab post - you're on a roll again baby! You make a great Sandy, but I actually liked seeing you in jeans, you look really funky with the jacket and scarf.

Have a great weekend
x

LoveT. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow ,nice Post!
The Flower-Top is so perfect for you ♡ ,and i really love the Pictures with the Pendleton 49er jacket and the nice Scarf in your Hair ,you look gorgeous :)

xoxo

Scarlett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Damn girl i say you got your mojo back - what a load of lovelies! I do also think those wooden monekys are blooming amazing! Scarlett x

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh you have SO got your mojo back - and not just in terms of your charity shopping!
So - love the floral blouses, great check jacket (never heard of Pendleton, am I really thick?) and I agree with Lakota, you are rocking those jeans!
Of course I don't mnd you copying - it's not copying anyway, it's taking inspiration! You do a good hopelessly devoted Sandy - need to see your Rizzo next please (or Bad Sandy in black, which was, I believe, Lakota's challenge to me... Hmmm, not sure I can pull that one off!)
Scarves! Cute doggie! Cute doggie not impressed with being made to model scarves!
The wooden monkeys and squirrels are delightful. And I absolutely adore the animation of that Bambi clip.
Have a fabulous weekend, Ms. Mojo! xxxxxxxxxxx

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So much loveliness! I love the peaches and cream outfit so much xxx
And the scarf is glittery, wonderful!

LUCEWOMAN said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

No offence, Curtise, but this vision of innocence looks far more believable!
The jacket has stolen my heart, not least because of the buttons, I adore unusual buttons. Monkeys, scarves, 2 squirrels, a cape...you're definitely BACK! A haul like this definitely puts me in a fantastic mood.
You do 'innocent' so well with your huge eyes, I bet you were a good fibber as a kid?

Have a great weekend hun, dressed to impress by day, virginal and cosy by night.


Lucy x

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOOOOOOOOVE the jacket! I would totally have snapped up those blouses too, they great!!! :D

karensomethingorother said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The jacket is super fun! I was just at a charity shop tonight with my sister, and the clothes SUCKED. Apparently I need to go to England. My favourite part was when you modeled a scarf on your doggy. So funny.

Vintage Bird Girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so glad you had op shopping success again. Curtise is definitely an inspiration....I'll copy her any day! I love the jacket & scarves, & those squirrels are super cute. Xx

two squirrels said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yay sweet, what very yummy finds!!!! The jacket is just fabulous.
The squirrels are just amazing, you are just so gorgeous to think of me.
twosquirrelsvintage@gmail.com
Thank you so much
Sending a big furry squirrel hug
Love v

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yya! You look gorgeous in everything! I especially love LOVE the jacket and the scarf on your head - the colours are SPLENDID!!! Yay for doggy supermodels - they are the best. Congrats Lovely - we are BOTH back on The Awesome Train! Big hugs, Sarah xxx

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh man, you sure did get your mojo back! There's so many great things! I especially love the cape and the plaid jacket.

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You got your shit back,yay!!
You do look like a cute doll cut out that I can dress up in different outfits.
your colorful rose blouses fit you so pretty.
I been wanting a red/grey Chola Pendleton coat for the longest.
Your looking rather adorable in your white angle nightie, love that white scarf. Aren't scarf's fun? Your doggy seems to think so.
I know Ms. squirrel would love them furry creatures.
Oh cant wait to see my mug on your painting amor!
Besones

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WooHoo the mojo is back and how!

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Jaysus! I was just swooning over Sarah's scores,and you TOO have got opshop MOJO running like wildfire!!! THAT CAPE!!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
(swooning with desire)
O,I LOVE you with that headscarf!! I love all your scores!The Pendleton jacekt will be fabulously snuggly!Styley AND comfy!
Yay for a nightie appearance!
A gal can never have too many scareves,or pussy bow blouses...SQUEE!
Well done,darl!!
Bookshop!!! There wasn't a Midsomer Murder on last night,it seems to take turn about with Miss marple!Will be watching her later.....
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Helen and her Daughters said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That jacket is so fabulous!

NowSoLA Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks like lots of fun looks! Though your pup doesn't seem quite as excited by the finds as we all do :-)
FYI, your monkeys are by Kay Bojesen and worth a pretty penny on the resell market!
Great finds all around.
Cheers ~ Lara

Bijou Sugar-Socks said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi :) i am ur newest follower and found ur blog in HLA :) love ur style and the monkeys! :D great finds!

the old boathouse said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

All totally fab finds! You look awesome. xxxx

Lisa G said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love love loveeeeeeeeee.

All amazing and the dogs are cute as buttons, like always!

xx

littleowlski said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amazing monkeys! They are Danish and can be quite valuable so they were definitely a great find. Love, love, love the two brightly coloured shirts with your peach trousers. They look amazing! Need to invest in more brightly coloured retro shirts NOW! Emma x

Krista said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Look at all the stuff you found! I do dig the colors you got going on and the Pendelton is so nice and looks so warm and good on you! I love all the scarves too! I do know who is cuter you or your adorable doggies! Oh my Ruby has a sweet lil face like my Peetee -who is honored to be your screen saver btw :). I'm glad you are feeling better and happy to hear Your sweetheart is still smoke free!