Thursday, 19 April 2012

Freebies and Thank you

Once again I'm here to say thank you for all your love and support regarding my last post. I'm getting there and posting about it really helped.

I would like to say that normal service has been resumed!

I haven't bought much recently, which I find depressing too, I love the thrill of the charity shop chase. After work yesterday however, I picked this Victorian print out of a skip outside the dodgy antiques centre next door. Despite the torrential rain it was 90% dry! 

Lovely isn't it? Why on earth they threw it away I have no idea, they obviously don't know what sells.



Today my work friend Marcia dropped a bag on my desk of luscious cosmetic samples, nice things too, like Sisley, Lancome and Clinique

and this amazing nail varnish!


I've also been busy on ebay and finally got one of these Bosson's Fraser Art Horse plaques. My nana had one exactly the same that hung in her dining room, it disappeared either when she died or shortly before, so I'm so glad I got another one - could even be the same one.

My boyfriend didn't believe me when I said the box I'd received contained a horses head

I also got this sweet cardigan, I just wanted a dusky pink one and this fitted the bill and I didn't have to fight for it
My bed is constantly invaded by little helpers

Here's two charity shop finds that I forgot to include

 This duck painting is the same size as you can see here  - 50p

This is a bit bigger than real life, sadly!!  £3

I've also forgotten to mention that I updated my postcard blog recently, if you follow the link it'll take you too the latest posts.
Here's some highlights

Wycombe rude boy, taken in Spring 2000 by me

Camden tube, May 2000, another one taken by me.

Hello Sailor! The first deck of the R.M.S. Scillonian III

 I'm suddenly in love with Midwinter's Lorna Doone pattern. I need some!!

arrrghh!!! I need this!!!

Thank you once again, blogland is awash with lovely people. 
Now to get back to what I signed up for - the acquisition of STUFF I DON'T NEED and then telling you all about it!

Here's a peek inside my brain

actually it's an awsome trailer for a previous BBC4 season on the Medieval Mind complete with Medieval Hendrix!



14 comments:

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so glad you picked that Victorian print--it's fabulous! What are people thinking? lol Love the color of that nail varnish. The horse plaque is so wonderful. And it's pristine. :)

Can't wait to see the pink cardi on you! And the brooch is so PRETTY. God, I'm in love with all that is floral. The ducks in that painting have such sweet faces! XO

Vintage Bird Girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't believe that print was in the skip! Heaven forbid! I've had no luck this week at the op shops either :( Oh well maybe next time will I'll strike gold. Xx

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh glorious treasures!!! The horse's head is frickin MARVELLOUS! And I do adore a lovely dusky pink cosy card - and that pic of the sailors is fabulous too. Happy weekend, darling, SO GLAD to hear you are doing better. You're a CHAMPION!!! Big hugs, Sarah xxx

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your inner brain is a cool place! Sorry I missed your last post, languishing here, playing drama queen with this pesky cold. I love that photo of you winning the art contest, in that wonderful sailor dress. In this post, at first glance I thought that was a picture of a mother smoking opium with her little girl! How sweet! All great finds!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Now I'm going to have Catatonia on the brain all day - "I put HORSES HEADS in peeeeeeeples BEDS cos aAYYYY am the MOB!". It actually looks far too like my childhood pony Beauty for comfort, so I couldn't have it around - would freak me out.

Excellent treasures though, if they're ever chucking away any cocktail cabinets or Georgian writing desks, do grab them on my behalf! Glad to hear you're feeling better xx

Oh and great photos you took too.

LUCEWOMAN said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely brooch, and the duck picture made me smile, we're all a bit obsessed with ducks here.
Hooray for being on the mend - nipping these things in the bud is the best way forward.
Can't believe the crap some people try to flog at car boot sales, and then perfectly covetable stuff chucked out like rubbish. Rusty tools, dirty toys, soiled clothes all laid out with a proud seller beaming at passers by, and go to the tip, and see solid wood furniture, immaculate toys and nearly-new stuff.
People are strange, and that's a good thing.
Happy Friday to you!

Lucy x

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

People are silly and throw gorgeous pieces in the bin!! Love that nail polish! If you tell me it's called For Audrey I will be very jealous. xx

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good save on the print, Clare! Did you have to actually climb IN the skip, or was it resting handily on top?
That horse's head is a bit freaky... I'm more a cardi, brooch and plate kind of girl!
Great photos. You are a talented girl!
So pleased to hear you are feeling brighter. xxxxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, lovely lovely Victorian print, Clare, Well done you! Love your photos too. Is there no end to your talents missus? Have a fabulous weekend and keep your chin up. xx

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the cardi and brooch xxx

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That print you pulled from the skip is just Gorgeous I am glad you found it before it got ruined forever.
OoOhhHHh A HUGE bunch of makeup.... what girl wouldn't find a little happiness in that. *hehehe*

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous painting! I'm glad you saved it!

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How dare they throw that gorgeous painting out!
Well luckily you artista came and rescued the painting.
lovely flower brooch and pink rose cardy.
Free make up? oh you biatch!
that horsey head will make a funny Mafia joke.
rose plate matches your blouse amor.
besos

thecraftymsdevil said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Bit beind and catching up on my posts, glad yu're feeling better and as always awesome finds x