Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Absent Friends and Naughty Treats

I received a package of love from the delightful Vix yesterday, just as she jetted off to Goa.


She sent me this amazing gingham shirt - made by an Austrian company who made Dirndl dresses!


I've been wearing this great skirt all week! It was £7 from the M&S sale.... ooh and look...
...

NEW SHOES! I bought these from Clarks, having seen them at the swanky do Lisa and I went to, but not putting them on my list of requests (I choose 3 and am sent 1 pair) - there's a Clarks 20% discount on at the moment until the 10th April - the online code is "balloons" I got £10 off these shoes, not bad going. They're so comfy - I shall wear them to death. 

 Vix also sent me these beautiful necklaces


And this book which I'd been eyeing up in the cheapy bookshop The Works - full of helpful hints for charity shop addicts!

This was diffcult to photograph but it's a lovely long lace vest - will definitely use it a lot

Today my mum gave me a bag one of her patients gave her - she appreciated the gift but isn't much of a bag lover, unlike me. The bag is handmade by a Romany Gypsy. Which explains it's wonderful gaudiness. I don't  know if my non UK readers have heard of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding though it's just started in the US. Too long to debate now 
Also popped into Boots for some Barry M and old fashion skin care.

I was supposed to go to a party in Bristol on Saturday but decided against it. Instead Lisa and I were going to head to London, but were stopped by a couple of hundred Rugby fans heading to Wembly, which is on the route to London from Wycombe. Apparently there were 90,000 fans heading there, so we gave up and headed to near by Amersham for a spot of charity shopping

I picked up Mike a bag of old pennies ranging from 1899 to 1967

Has anyone read this? I've read a bit of one a Jackie Collins book, which was very badly written, but hilariously readable.

 I wasn't very impressed with the charity shops - too much over priced Primark trash and £5 for an 80s vest top? No way! A couple of interesting things but just too overpriced. In one shop I saw a New Look (mid range high street chain) dress which was literally falling apart at the seams and they wanted £9 for it!!

 I did boss Lisa about, making her put down a £7.50 shirt as it was missing a bunch of sequins. I think it was for her own good however. She did get a couple of great, if over priced things, hopefully she'll post them soon
I only really came back with this terrible MuMu type dress. Will need to experiment, still it was only £4 and the material is lovely fresh cotton.

Saw this and thought of my Aussie blog buddies... not that you're murderers...

oh and when I recieved the shoes today I went straight back online and ordered another pair!!

Here's a lovely lovely song, I can't recommend enough, all about dodgy April weather

21 comments:

Vintage Jane said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lucky you! Love those shoes ... off to check them out myself! Happy Easter Hon. M x

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So many treasures...like looking through a wonderful trunk in the attic - except with clean things! Beautiful new shoes! It's hard to believe that the vocalist in your clip would have been regarded as a pop star in his day. I am searching for the flowers...

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I adore that gingham blouse on you! The shoes are gorgeous. and that bag is fabulous! Jackie Collins novels are always a laugh; they are my guilty pleasure. lol To this day, Valley of the Dolls is still one of my favorite books. :D Can't wait to see what you do with the dress..love the fabric..whatever you do, you will look beautiful! XO!

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hiya, sorry I am a bit behind in blogs...love the painting of Vix, I sure she will be chuffed to receive such a gorgeous painting!

We love 'Gypsy Wedding' down here, even the kids. I think we bought a little figure from gypsies at the car boot in Cheltenham :)

Love the skirt and the shoes looks really comfy, they remind me of a pair of short boots I had in the 80's with the cutouts.

Love the Murder book cover..haha

Enjoy your week blossom, Tam x

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh I love the beads Vix sent and the colour of the nail varnish. Lookin foward to seeing what you do with the lace vest :)

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Crikey!SO many goodies!
Ha,Jackie Collins! I have in fact read a lot of her "novels"! "Lover and Gamblers" is my fave.Pure unadulterated TRASH! Perfect for holidays when you just don't want to think!"The Stud" was also made into a film starring her sister,Joan!
How awesome to get a lovely bunch of goodies from Vix!Treats indeed!You've generally scored well,those shoes are especially funky,and the wee frock will be a summery sweetie!HURRAH!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

two squirrels said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I just love the gingham blouse, you look very pretty in it.
Eeeeekkkkk so loving the shoes, they are fabulous.
Love v

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have had my eye on those very shoes for a long time now. They are gorgeous aren't they? I quite fancy the yellow ones, if I get a job I think I will have to treat myself. I read a Jackie Collins book once, never again, but I think it's something we all have to say we've done lol. Not that I'm a book snob, I do love a bit of a trashy novel every now and again. That gingham blouse could look very 50s coupled with a pencil skirt, I do love gingham. xx

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely Vix and her famous parcels of delight! That gingham blouse is great, it fits you perfectly. What with your cowboy shirt, I'm sure you're a secret line dancer, Clare...
Great shoes. I've been thinking of a pair of brogues myself, but not seen anything I can afford.
Jackie Collins - oh yes, I read a fair few of her oeuvre (spelling?) back in the day. And she's still knocking them out. The Stud and The Bitch are probably the most famous ones. If you want a completely ridiculous laugh-out-loud potboiler, Jackie's your woman.
Not surprised you couldn't find anything cheap in Amersham, bit too posh! xxxxx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't know about you guys, but over here, Clarks are synonomous with school shoes. But I have been seeing really cool ones in mags latelt. When did Clarks get cool?

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that gingham top and the necklaces!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I soo love gingham. You always seem to find loads of great things Clare! I haven't bought any treasures lately :-(
Love those brogues - I got a nice pair for £6 from Primark!but they are no where near as nice as yours.
I need to get to more 'chazzers' as me and my daughter call charity shops!
@mrsmarsa x

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hmm I don't think the bag is that bad in terms of gaudy-ness! lol. LOve the gingham shirt too. What other colour shoes did you buy??

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such lovely goodies - the gingam blouse is perfect on you! And I love that Barry M colour - and the shoes are super sweet. I'm always on the look out for some fab flats. And do not be fooled - we are all murderers! Sarah xxx

Lidiya said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your shoes are adorable, they look so cute and not only that, they look super practical (I have a habit of buying completely unpractical footwear ;)) <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.co.uk/

Scarlett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those shoes are fabulous! Got to love vix, what a fabulous parcel :o) Scarlett x

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amor such cute goodies!
awww our Vixcita is special like that.
adorable gingham shirt,I do adore gingham so much.
love them crazy Clarks, I gone off Clarks shoes since I fell in Church.
I adore Jackie Collins sleaze!I'm obsessed with all kinds of murders.
I also use Boots vintage care, the rose cold cream is the best.
cant wait to see you modeling Mu Mu dress for us.
besios

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Not that you're all murderers...chortle!

Great parcel from Vix, her charity shops are never full of Primark/New Look crap, must be shrine she has in India, I think I need to make an offering myself.

x

Krista said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nothing beats goodies from Vix! Cute gingham top and jewelry to boot, yeah! I dig your new Clark's and you really can't beat there comfort, I have a hot pink patent leather pair the I love. The gypsy bag is one of a kind and I dig that too!

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a fantastic package! Lucky you!

Pull Your Socks Up! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh. My. God. You found a copy of The Stud? My dad caught me reading my big sister's copy she'd hidden away in her wardrobe ... oh yes, I was a little sneak at age 14!!! Needless to say, dad took it off me and it was never seen again ... but the shame and embarrassment was never to be forgotten! Darling Vix always comes up trumps with her parcels doesn't she - what a gem she is:))). Oh and yes we are ALL murderers you know! "I could murder a steak", "I could murder a beer", "I could fecking murder a steak sandwich!" Hahahaha!!! It's true!! xoxoxoxoxoxooxox