Monday, 5 March 2012

Welcome To The Jumble, we've got fun and games

Finally, I've photographed every last thing I bought on Saturday's village jumble. I did mean to take photos inside but unsurprisingly was extremely intent on finding as much stuff as I could!
Here's the queue

The usual crowd, everyone behind the tables recognised me when I went in!
The within half a second of entering the hall, I picked up was this.....
A psychedelic wool poncho! It was 30p, which was the price of all the clothes. Sorry about the tired face and post swimming hair! 

Underneath the poncho is this slouchy rather sexy top, also 30p

Here's the main stash:





Love the Cockerel Thermometer - it works too! Also.. Portuguese Cabbage Bowl, 60s Christie Paperback, Johnson Brothers Fish Plate, Oven dish, enamel dish and little helper

 This was really cute til I saw the ginger girl's eyes - seriously, they are really scary!


 Lots of old hankies  - Tartan one modeled by Monty



 
Flower brooches 30p
 and Handbags 20p each



Loads of scarfs - chiffon, silk and a Jack Wills one (do you have Jack Wills outside of the UK? It's the kind of brand posh girls in Ugg boots, extreme side partings and leggings uniformly wear and is also very expensive). Also Dior tights, jewellery roll, white gloves (will wear overnight with tonnes of handcream on) and Burleigh Ware vase.

And now to the clothes. It's a bit depressing as I bought loads - often with other in mind but mainly myself - that not a lot fit me. But I can pass the love onto others (Lisa snaffled a couple of things)







Well the top, jeans and skirt fit - though the skirt is rather frumpy! I just liked the pattern. Got people in mind for the Lonsdale top and shirt!
ooh and if you would like to buy the gypsy skirts or the dress (uk size 14) then contact me - they'll be a FULL 30 PENCE plus P&P, which I'll make cheap for my followers! 
 





 
The skirt is LOVELY but it doesn't fit. Think I might hide it away for eventual weight loss time. The Cheongasm also doesn't... but I have someone in mind for it


I really love both these jackets - the yellow is really bright! It won't do up either grrrr (so if you want it...). The houndstooth one fits really well and has a great early 60s look.

oooh and now to one of my star finds...


red tap shoes! Did have a brief worry that they might be cursed a la The Red Shoes.
So... I'm thinking of replacing the laces with big tartan ribbon and gluing on cherries... what do you think? Anyone got any shoe customising advice? 




Laundry/Kitchen tidy... looks rather 60s - was £1, extortionate for the Jumble.
Anyone want these battered but amazing shoes? They look like the dropped in from 18th Century Versailles! 
Lots of 60s (?) wallpaper - will perhaps use for wrapping presents! 

So that was it... by boyfriend was given a shirt, some German 1/4 litre stein glasses and a 60s James Bond paperback.

Lastly... I need your opinions on my creme caramel outfit. I found a better top, which I chopped up a bit and added a belt. What do you think? Anti Fatness D-Day is upon me and I must lose weight so I'm feeling a bit insecure about how I look and whether I can carry off certain looks.
excuse the mess:




Help :'(

19 comments:

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah,push out those girls a bit more.....!!!
I love the caramel outfit!I love that word,too!
Don't fret,another years worth of blogging and your insecurities will fade away!!!
Now,I'm blown away by all your fabularsehole jumble scores!That frigging cockerel thermometer (sp?!) is BRILLANT!Loving,LOVE the spotty cardi,the fish plate and the mental ginger girls eyes especially.For those prices,it's shame to leave things that don't fit,so your mates could do well here!
YAY for bargainacious shopping!
XXX

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Score!!!! I can't believe those finds, you did brilliantly! The cock thermometer, the cabbage plate, the paperbacks, the tap shoes!! I'd have fought you for everything. The Lonsdale top is epic and so is that fabric with the scary child, in fact everything is brill.
I love that caramel outfit on you, you've got a fabulous figure, like Helga says a year or so of blogging and you'll feel so much more confident. Hows about I send you some bangles to bling it up a bit more, I have heaps! xxx

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I agree with the wise words of Helga and Vix - blogging is the BEST confidence boost in the world! You have a wonderful figure, Helga's right, just put your shoulders back and let the girls be admired!
The creme caramel just needs some contrasting colourful accessorising, I reckon - red or bright green belt and scarf, and Vix's suggestion of bangles (or brooches?) would look fab.
Now - to the serious business. OMG! Clare, did anyone else get anything, you must have jumbled like a DEMON!
Wondrous finds - so THAT'S what a thermometer cock looks like!
Those red tap shoes are definitely in need of ribbon and some cherries. Love the other pair of shoes too, what size are they? Spotty cardi, skirt, all the scarves, jug, cabbage plate - all heavenly. The girl done good!
PS. You made me laugh with your description of the Jack Wills clientele, sounds like my nieces! Seriously - HOW much for a sweatshirt I wouldn't be seen dead in?! xxxxxxxxx

sacramento said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh take me to a jumble sale soo, ahhhhhhhhhhhh. My cold turkeys is getting really bad.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, love the wallpaper, the scary eyes girl bedding (is it bedding? I used to have some very similar) and the tap shoes are my favourite. Definitely some red ribbon, I wouldn't bother with cherries personally, they look so retrotastic as they are. Just my opinion x

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Shooooooes! Love red shoes!

I cannot believe how much you went home with! I'm really nervous about my first jumble sale.

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The caramel outfit is fabulous, that top does exactly what it should for your cleavage! Gorgeous.

was there any jumble left for anyone else? lol

I say jazz up those jazz shoes :-)

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Clare, you don't need any help Missus, the caramel outfit on you is fabulous. I agree with Vix and Curitise some bling and/or a brighter scarf.

Score and a half on the jumble sale finds. Love the cock thermometer and the red tap shoes. Do show us how you customise them. Cherries sound amazing.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Is there anything better than a pair of tap shoes?

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amor you hit the motherload of treasures!
The cockerel thermometer is so cute, the scarfs, i always fing a bunch of scarfs at the jumbles.
The cabbage plate.
The tap shoes would look so adorable with cherries and bows.
Caramelo outfit looks delicious on your curvylicious figure.
maybe lots of accesories and a vintage hat to spice it up.
Besones

VintageBirdGirl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well done you on a jumble sale extravaganza! So much loot! You can certainly pull off that outfit....I would just brighten up the tones a bit as well, as those colours can tend to wash us fair girls out. And always embrace those curves girl! Xx

two squirrels said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Jumble heaven!!!! Well done sweet!!!
Love the polka dot green carry and the red shoes, score!!!! The bark cloth shoe holder is a gem.
Looking very gorgeous in the last pics!!! Love what all the lovely ladies above have said, me I'm a brooch girl. Always a brooch!
Love v

Lisa G said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It's all gorgeous you minx. Especially creme caramel!! xxx

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HOLY JUMBLE TREASURE!!!
*heheeh*
You found so many great things.
My faves are: Poncho, Cock a doodle thermometer, Fishie plate is fun & cabbage bowl is AWESOME.
Those red tap shoes are great "weeee what a total score"

I like your outfit! You look good. I will agree with everyone else on adding some bling!
=D

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You look great. Don't do ya self down girl!

From @mrsmarsa

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the green polka-dot cardy, very pretty. The poncho is ultra cool, and the first dress is pretty too. Do the tap shoes still have the taps on them? That would made for an interesting walk down the shops.

You look great! Just look at all the positive affirmations you are getting, be happy and proud of who you are. I like all the colours of the last outfit.

Maybe the cat should have a caption as he gazes at the girl on the sheet. "My what big eyes you have!" They are very funny.

littleowlski said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thermometer cock? Amazing... And the scary ginger girl - don't all of us ginners have eyes like that?! I am also on the Anti-Fatness; but I'm starting to finally lose the attitude that I need to be a skinnie minnie to be happy. The outfit is fab. I love the scarf but agree that a brooch could be a goer! But then I'll stick a brooch on anything if I can! Emma x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Holy moly you brought the whole jumble sale home with you! Lots of good stuff lady - and you look vavaVOOM in the last outfit! x

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those tap shoes are adorable! I agree with Lakota your lovely outfit is very vavaVOOM!! I also agrew that blogging gives you everyday confidence. I dress for me and nobody else. xxx