Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Spring Clean!


Just a quick one to say I'm exhausted after the mother of all clothes evictions, on the spur of the moment. 3 ginormous bags of clothes are destined for the charity shop and thus completing the circle of trash. I even ventured into the loft where my Spring/Summer clothes were lurking, along with a lot of clothes I can't fit into but a too amazing to chuck - original 1985 Duran Duran tour T-Shirt? That's staying!

Criteria for throwing was:

Does it look rubbish on? OUT WITH IT
Is it from a high street shop and a bit tired and worn out? OUT WITH IT
Is it a pair of jeans from 3 years ago I cannot fit into? OUT WITH IT
Do I have a better/vintage version of it? OUT WITH IT
I only saved a few things for Ebay, I'm a bit put off after encountering a PSYCHO BITCH FROM HELL last time. 
 Lisa (bear with her Sarah Misfit - I need to show her how to remove the evil verification) has won an amazing competition, more of which later and it appears I am going to be photographed so I need you lovely ladies opinion of my potential outfit... sorry not a shot of me wearing it.
     Yes! It's the bed coat! and the dress from this post  - do you think they go? I do or am I going a bit colour loco?

Since I've just chucked loads and loads of stuff out I thought I better instantly add to my collection and tonight I won this dress from the same lady I'd got the one above from.... All her stuff goes really cheaply... if you're interested here's her Ebay shop
























Picture Size:

11 comments:

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have to do the same thing!! ---> Spring clothes cleaning <--- I started it yesterday and then after a couple hours decided I would watch some t.v. minutes later I WAS SLEEPING. *HAHA*
And what do you know.. I didn't get around to continuing it today.

Yay for flowers and bed jackets!!
HEY that dress you bought from E-bay is so cute.
You better show us all it when it arrives.

p.s. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE... ONE DAY you will end up dealing with a evil online customer. *hahaha* It's just something that is bound to happen.

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh that outfit will be freaking adorable!! They go perfectly!! Yay for cleaning I get rid of tons but bring back tons vicious cycle! xx

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So pretty. I think it will be perfect. I love the little brooch - nice touch.

Lisa G said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love both those dresses!! We're gonna look smoking for this High Heel Society!! I'm considering wearing the blue dress with white polka dots that I got from the jumble sale, or my Wallis 20's style dress. Not sure! We need to have an outfit conflab.

Well done on the clearout, now you have room for loads of new things!!

Sorry about my evil verification thing, please show me how to sort my blog out when next we meet.

xx

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that outfit as the dress fabric is divine and I ADORE that cherry dress! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are brave throwing out old jeans. Despite growing exponentially (the wrong way) since I was 15, I still could not throw out my old faithfuls. I made them into a wall hanging in the end.

I love that cherry dress - so pretty. Let us hope we have a summer in which to wear it this year.

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great minds think alike. I did a wardrobe clear too and even had similar criteria... In particular the one about is it an inferior version of something vintage I already own... It's amazing how many 60s style dresses I'd collected. Xx

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

more than once have I been driven to the point of almost giving up on selling things due to evil buyers, sadly there are a lot of them out there.

lvroftiques said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think you might be my British twin *winks*
You're a charity shop lover (check me too) You're a plus size gal (check me too) I like to think "under tall as opposed to "over weight" Lol! Budget restrictions (BIG check there) And trying to find room for all your treasures. (yep check there as well) Although for me it's not going to happen. There's just too much junque...(That's actually "junk" but it sounds so much better with a french touch don't ya think?)

Good for you for making inroads on your closet! I really need to do the same, but hoarder that I am I have the hardest time letting go of my smaller clothes....delusional I'm afraid *sighs*

Love the dress and jacket combo! I think it looks great. Vanna/your newest follower

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well done for getting things sorted and shipshape!
That frock is just beautiful, and it looks great with your little bed jacket.
Can't weait to see you wearing the ensemble! xxxxxx

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I need to start decluttering all my junk too.
You know how I feel about red rose frocks.
your going to be rockin that shit!
I hate Ebay drama!
besios