Thursday, 29 March 2012

Painting and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU

I'm feeling much better than I did in my last post. Thank you all so much for everything you said, it was all lovely and heartfelt and made me feel a lot better.... and a bit emotional. I think I've tried to reply personally to everyone but if I haven't then....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

I also finally got on with some painting



It's a Chiffchaff - a small bird with stick legs and a round fluffy body who starts his call in the Springtime and for me the sound of them is very much a signal of the begining of Spring.

It's really just a practice piece before I get on with my other larger paintings of less frivolous subjects! Though I do like the sort of snooty, grumpy look these little birds have



I do love little birds, we have a garden full since our gorgeous but evil cat died. A female chaffinch was trapped in our elderly neighbours suffocating greenhouse on Tuesday,  I manged to catch her before she overheated (it's very warm here at the moment) and died - also glimpse of ebay dress I've not posted about yet...



In charity shopping news - I picked up a pistachio green M&S cardi for £2.99 in my local Oxfam, but it's not enough, I need to buy more....

THANK YOU AGAIN!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx


11 comments:

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your are a true artista amor!
You captured that little birdie perfectly.
I do love making grumpy faces myself so I can relate to that cute bird.

besones

Krista said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Clare- I just read your post from yesterday and read all the heartfelt comments,all true. We can always change our appearance but great personalities those are hard to come by and you got it ten fold girl! You are a beautiful person inside and out! Talented too, omg look at the sweet ill birdie! Love the painting my dear!
Xoxo-
Krista

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that painting of the chiffchaff, you talented thing you. Glad you're feeling more cheerful today, missus. Xx

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your little chiffchaff, you've captured him beautifully, I'm so glad you saved him from an untimely end.
You rock, I'm delighted our comments made you feel better. Don't worry about the lack of chazzing, there's a small parcel coming your way tomorrow, I shop so you don't have to! xxx

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is a very pretty painting you did.
And also how nice of you to help the real life birdie out. (She's so CUTE!)

P.s.
Do you paint Crustaceans? LOL

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

O,my what a little sweetie! My Mama was bird obsessed,and being Australian,there were some gorgeous ones around,and she would feed them everyday.I love them too,but especially ducks!
Your painting is beautiful!A skill I have always bemoaned (sp?!) not having!
A new frock and a new cardi?! Hurrah!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really like your painting of the sweet bird. They are such delicate creatures and their songs are so hopeful. Like spring.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Clare, I've only just got to read your post from the other day and I wanted to add my good wishes to you. I know its hard to big up your self esteem but you must yano coz you've gotta love yourself first, I always say. I've been a fatty all my adult life - except for half an hour when I reached my goal weight on an incredibily silly meal replacement diet in 1986 - I've been up and down ever since. But you know what, over the years I've learned that despite my size, I am pretty damn wonderful and I'm not letting it get me down! You are pretty damn wonderful too - you dress great and you make the effort and that's what's important. No one thinks they look good in photos believe me. but by the comments you got on the night people thought you looked great. Please dont feel you look terrible - you don't! - You are so talented - look at that painting! Fabuloso! Take care lovely,

@mrsmarsa xxx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What? You painted that? Freaking amazing!

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a lovely painting .. I've dabbled, but am really not very good.

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Clare, your painting is so lovely, I'm most impressed.
Glad to hear you are feeling more positive. See, the power of the blogosphere... It's magic! xxx