Sunday, 11 March 2012

More parcels of delight


 I forgot to mention, in my excitement about my parcel from Vix, that I'd received some 60s style shoes I'd bought from ebay. I like the loafer element. Rather fab!

My mum dropped off a fantastic parcel of wonder from the lovely Folly Bird  - I nearly squealed when I opened it and out dropped a picture of Simon Le Bon! Sorry, my phone and the pc have decided this picture should definitely be portrait. grrrr. But as you can see I got some amazing photos of Duran Duran!

 I also got a book of Marlene Dietrich postcards... this sticker made me laugh! Friendly Sticker! What a brilliant load of postcards too!


 Melanie also gave me these gorgeous little earrings made of sterling silver and tigers eye, they really suit me and I think she's chosen the perfect pair
 So thank you again, very much Melanie - I'll be sending your stuff out soon!
My mum also dropped off yet another ebay dress! oops! I've really got a bit of a problem. This isn't even the dress I mentioned in yesterday's post

 The tiger poster covers the entire door in Mike's room! Sorry, no make up again, I've got hideous hayfever. It's the first lovely warm day of spring and I'm really suffering. It doesn't normally start this early! Argh! I lived around trees, fields and 30 seconds walk from a huge common for the first 13 years of my life, not to mention eating local food, including milk from goats grazing on the common, but when I moved next to a wood (a mile away from my first house) I started suffering from awful hayfever.

I forgot to mention this book I bought yesterday about the French fashion designer Poiret. The book is full of illustrations of his designs by different artists. His designs are some of the first to give women more freedom and less restriction in their clothes. The drawings date from the early 1900s to the late 1920s.

 This is my favourite illustration in the book:
My friend Steph gave me her Mum's collection of 1980s Laura Ashley catalogues - I do love a bit of chintz!

I've been watching Crufts and though I have two lovely, but despicable dogs I would quite like a Pomeranian, they're little balls of love! My favourite (fictional) Pomeranian is Duchess from Beatrix Potter's The Pie and The Patty Pan


Here's a great song I sent to Melanie and think you lot will probably like too! 

19 comments:

Lisa G said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahhhhh lovely pressies from Mel, how exciting. That dress looks super on you and I like that book you bought yesterday!! xx

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh vintage Laura Ashley! Nice dress too :)

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Fabulous shoes, and frock. I love the colour of it. I have to say, I'm drooling over the Marlene postcards though, those are great. xx

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

EEEK! Simon!!! I was a massive Durannie in the early/mid 80's,and Simon was my fave!
Love the new frock!It's raining fabulous ggodies over there,isn't it?!
Marlena always rocks!
Ugh,I'm out of hayfever pills,and just took some sinus relief ones,and they're working rather well!
XXX

karensomethingorother said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm going to have to show this song to my son. He'll love it.

Is there anything more fabulous than fun things in the mail?!? Well...maybe a 1980's SIMON LE BON, OH YUMMY, NUMMY, NUM! I was sooooooooooo in love with him.

VintageBirdGirl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love those shoes. Such great detailing. Hope the sniffles settle down soon. Xx

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hee, so glad you liked it all! I was sifting through my box of gems, thinking what would Clare like .. and settled on the tigers eye, so I'm glad my instinct was correct! I haven't made earrings in an age!

That dress is gorgeous! You look fab! And the shooooes!

I hope you feel better soon xxx

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That dress looks fabulous on you and those shoes are so mod and cute. Love that tiger on the back of your boyfriend's door, he reminds me of those pants Robbie Williams used to wear! Melanie's earrings are beautiufl, I bet those colours really suit you.
The Pie 7 the Patty Pan was my favourite Beatrix Potter book, I had no idea Duchess was a Pomeranian. xxx

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great shoes and a lovely frock AND more pressies - lucky girlie!
Simon Le Bon? Really? No! I can't believe all you otherwise tasteful ladies like him so much, haha!
Ahh, cute little Duchess. I love Simpkin in the Tailor of Gloucester and have a sneaky regard for the Two Bad Mice (my family nickname was Hunca Munca!) xxxxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So many lovely things here. Lovely shoes and Melanie did you proud with her goodies. Duran Duran? Never fancied them but loved their music. Must dig out Duran Duran's Greatest Hits. Oh yes, love the frock very much. xx

sacramento said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So much magic in everyone of your posts, my dear friend.
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Love your dress, and your make up looks ok. We are our worst enemies sometimes, lol.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great shoes & lovely pressies!
I am totally enamoured by that Tiger poster!!! (Where does one find something that amazing?)
Cute dress you look good in it. I have to find some in that style for myself. They would go good with my future cat eye glasses. *lol*

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

adorable shoes and more gifts amor? you lucky biatch!
You are cuteness in that dress. you look great without make up,natural beauty.Buddy cant stop playing Duran Duran.
besios

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oohh, how I loved Duran Duran when I was 12, I thought John Taylor was gor-ge-ous!!! I can't say that Simon did much for me though. Good times.

Love the shoes and the dress is pretty too. Enjoy the weeks end, Tam x

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

For some reason I can't leave a comment on your latest post! Wow, you must be exhausted, just looking at my clothes pile make me tired. The outfit looks great, love the colour combinations and who would guess the jacket is a bed coat, pretty cool. The new ebay dress is gorgeous! Tam x

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't get the comment box to pop up on your latest post so I'm commenting here instead! That outfit you've got planned is gorgeous, I'm dying to find out what Lisa's won. That new dress is totally and utterly stunning and you are going to look fab in it!
Thank you so much for my parcel of joy, I love it all.
I've tagged you for a music challenge on my blog if you want to play and I'd love you to come to Walsall, cheap booze, cheap chazzas and loads of art! xxx

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your blog is so much fun! I love that dress, you look Beeee-U-tiful. And as for your most recent post: I'm super jealous with your "Out With It" ability. I need to do the same thing, but it's so hard!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't comment either - won't work on a few of your posts recently. Your new frocks are all lovely, but my favourite thing is the tiger poster - best blog posing backdrop ever!

I have massive clear-outs - this is why I'm now bereft of clothes! I decide nothing fits me/ suits me / is in good condition, toss them and then don't manage to get around to replacing anything quickly enough. And now I've lost the ability to shop.
x

Hope Adela Pasztor said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your vintage style! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/