Sunday, 18 March 2012

Les Galleries Simmonds


I thought I'd do a quick tour of the prints and paintings that I have on my walls. My house is made of some kind of special material not known to modern construction and is therefore impossible to fix anything to the wall without a lot of effort and a drill. Therefore, compared to past times my room is bare walled
Here's me in my room in 2001  - although everything is bluetacked up, which trashed the wall.


Here's a tour round Les Galleries Simmonds
Emma Louise classic big eyed child print, present from dad when I was little
1950s American print of an RTA involving a chicken 50p, artist unknown


untitled M Debil painting (an actual painting) just had to have this. £15 charity shop
very old  - (19th century at the latest) J R Smith print called "Thoughts On A Single Life"  50p from village fete


1930s print of the Van Gogh painting Armand Roulin 30p jumble sale
Saucy print which is hung in the office by G Nasuadba £2.50 charity shop


Small pictures waiting to be hung on a bird cage rack thing - Bird Embroidery - ebay, Bird Print Charity Shop, Butterflies charity shop and vintage kiddie material church christmas bazaar


Constable's Cornfield, my Nana had this in her bedroom, so when I saw it I knew I had to have it too. £2.50 charity shop
Westchiloff print - 1930s-ish 25p car boot sale


J Strevens Print - charity shop
I found this is the best way to display postcards, of which I have very many



oooh i was tagged by darling Vix to do the High School Playlist challenge:



urgh rules! Here we go! I went to a rubbish school - my local government have this system in which you take an exam at 11 or 12 to see what kind of school fits your ability, Grammar Schools are for the clever kids, Secondary school are for the rest. I was the rest. I hated my secondary education more than words can describe

However I was there from 1993 - 1997 (then escaped to college!)


Sunglasses - check, 70s sportswear - check. kickflares - check , swagger - check- that was Britpop! Mainly girls at school were into Eternal or Take that. Puke I bought this on a cassette from Woolworths


The debt I owe to these boys is huge, school was utter misery and when I discovered them in 1995 I became completely obsessed and they pretty much gave me a reason to live. Melodramatic but true
here's me at the height of my obsession in 96
 


I got a mini bus full of morons to school, although one older guy did bring in his tapes of pirate radio Dom.FM and I eventually grew to like Jungle and D&B.

attempting murder in school art project


1995 was a hot summer and this was always being played on the dreaded minibus - something else I grew to love, it's such an unusual song!


Everything 60s was an escape - here's one my favourite bands that my mum introduced me to


This really really reminds me of 1994, moon and star curtains, bed cover, lampshade, new house and starting and leaving a new school!

I tag:


Normally I love music from the 20s to the 80s, but even I can't resist a drrrty bass drop now and then




17 comments:

Vale ♥ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I liked to see your personal art gallery :-) and your tastes in ,music during high school were great ! Kisses

Fashion and Cookies
You're invited to enter Fashion and Cookies' Romwe White Day Giveaway: win 80$ gift card on Romwe plus a fashion accessory !
Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin
Twitter

Hope Adela Pasztor said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such cute whimsical pictures! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great pictures, the M Debil painting is a beauty (as my dad would say). Interesting mix of music and your school years sound like a cracker. T x

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This isn't coming up in my reader for some reason, probably a glitch in Folly Land.

And taggedyness, I shall put my thinking bonnet on xxx

sacramento said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So good to know more about you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Katrina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh your paintings are amazing! I love the whole vintage vibe of them! And I really like the idea of hanging that group of bird and butterfly frames on a wire cage. Really creative!

>'.'<

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Eeek! Your blog has only just popped up in my side bar and I nearly missed this! There's so much of your fabulous art collection I love...the early Victorian lady, the dusky maiden with pearls, the wide-eyed child, that original oil painting, they are gorgeous and I'd have bought all of them.
Great musical choices especially The Prodigy. That photo of you committing murder is ace. I went to a crap all-girls' grammar and keep making excuses to get out of reunions. xxxxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi gorgeous, there's so much to love in this post. Love your picture collection and adored seeing those photos of you. Like your musical choices too esp Prodigy, Oasis & the Beatles (of course). Thanks for tagging me lovey.

Btw, this post didn't appear in my reader either, the last one I've got is "Hometown Blues". Grrrr!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi gorgeous, there's soooo much to love in this post. Adore your picture collection and loved seeing those photos of you. Good music choices, missus. Love Prodigy and Oasis and, of course, the Beatles.

I didn't get this post either on my Reader (what's going on?).

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh no, I've posted twice. Sorry, I didn't think it worked the first time. Ok, I'm going now....xx

Scarlett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my i adored this post! Loved having a nosey at all your wonderful (and completely bargain crazy) pictures! Brilliant Scarlett x

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This didn't pop up in my reader. Good job you told me. I think I'm gonna have to start adding my faves to Bloglovin as well so I don't miss anything. I LOVE your pictures. The only one I wouldn't have bought myself is the Constable one, all the others are right up my street. As for your music choices - all very familiar. I loved the Prodigy too :)

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love all your old pictures and music!
eyeing the Victorian lady frame.
adorar the photo of your sexy long legs.
I been tagged twice going bust out my old photos.
besios

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your art collection! My faves are the big-eyed child and thoughts on a single life. I like how you displayed your postcards too. I don't know many of your music selections but liked them, especially the Don Fm 1993 thing. And my favourite photo of all is you with your friends sitting in the grass. That's priceless.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Bah, I want someone to tag me in this. Or I'll just do it myself. Some great choices, I remember the days of Woolworth cassingles, surely you are too youthful?

Also I want to come and have a look around your bedroom museum, great fun. Thoughts on a single life is particularly cool and I love the pert girl in the white hat too.
xx

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the bird items and the gorgeous girl painting and the booby girl and all the postcards... I have loads of them too. I have no idea what you're talking about with dubs and drop bass and speakeasies and d&bs but I am very old, so that's to be expected. Bless your cotton socks for loving the Beatles - they are one of my lifelong loves too. Sarah xxx

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That bird cage rack is an excellent and beautiful idea! You've got some lovely things! I've got loads on my walls, too. :D I love it..makes it feel cozy and lived-in..and I dig that. :)

I feel the same way about The Beatles. When I discovered them, they made me feel I belonged..if that makes any sense at all..lol I can never pick one favorite song, because each & every one of them has meaning and reminds me of something specific..I just love them so..