Saturday, 10 March 2012

All In A Pickle.... Fork


Today Lisa and I did a spot of charity shopping in an out of town shop I hadn't made it to before. The brooch was £3 - quite expensive - but I already have an inherited one which is identical apart from being all clear stones

I picked up this pickle fork for my boyfriend for £2 - we'd been eyeing these up in antiques shops. This one is silver plate and made in 1927. 

 More padded coathangers to add to my collection

I know stylists are going on about underwear as outerwear but I don't think a 1960s fleece bed coat was what they had in mind. But what do those macrobiotic morons know? Very little. It's going to look great, it already does with the 1950s brooch. I'm hoping it'll go with the Seersucker dress I just bought on ebay.

Terrible photo, but this is a lovely Victorian style black lace top


11 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Excellent Clare! Haven't bought a single thing from any charity shop lately. Just haven't found anything that catches my eye. Love that brooch!

From @mrsmarsa x

Clara Turbay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love it it´s perfect.

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have the all clear stone star brooch too.
I am loving your pickle fork. I am obsessed with pickles they are deliciuos.
Nice clothing finds! The bed jacket looks quite cozy.

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Fab. Love the bed jacket. Xx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE THE BED COAT!

PK said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the fork- I do love a pickle.. x

VintageBirdGirl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the brooch...so pretty. And I think bed & brunch coats should definitely be worn in public! Looks fab with the brooch. I've got a couple of brunch coats I wear as dresses. Xx

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think the brooch was good value! It's so pretty xxx

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I do love a pickle fork, perfect for parties! That brooch is so sweet and the bed jacket looks lovely hanging on the pretty hanger. Bet that blouse looks gorgeous on, I love that Victorian style. x

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've never even heard of a pickle fork, but now I think I need one for my extreme olive obsession!

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

In love with bed jacket amor! the brooch goes perfectly with jacket. I would wear it out. love showing my lingerie off in public.
I need a glittery pickled fork.
maybe you need to learn how to drive amor, I know I do.
besios