Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Simple things please simple minds

Indeed they do. But I'm guessing they could also please a highly cerebral powerhouse like mine.So here's some simple things that have cheered up my week...

Little in the way of second hand booty this week, but I did get a couple of pairs of shoes from ebay:

 The first pair are just like some I had when I was 3 - minus the heel. The second are rather 60s and I had to have them!

I did pick up this strange object for 79p in Oxfam - It could be a coaster, it has three little tiny stands on the underside. It could also be an unfinished belt buckle or something. I love anything with insects on, so had to have this!

I popped into ASDA (big old Walmart supermarche for my international readers) and found these shorts. They were so sold it took the assistant on the clothes stand quite a while to establish just how much they were, she already looked like she wanted to die so I think I added to her misery. The answer came back as 50p! I had to have them, the pattern is great - take a look at the close up!


No doubt there'll be a post of me wearing them at some point!

Also in ASDA I just had to buy....


For some reason these were in the World Food aisle! They're Irish but have been around for years. They're all gone now by the way...


On Saturday my friend and I went to Westfield shopping centre in London (it's a relative of Fountain Gate, but no Cath and Kim sadly)  - despite it being a huge shopping Mecca I only came back with 2 99p nail varnishes! Crazy - but I think I've got to the point where anything that isn't vintage/second hand/thrifted and £2 just isn't of interest.


Here's me eating a terrible cupcake  - it really was bad. And my friend Lisa with the enviable hair eating a better one



I'm back at my parents house after 5 weeks house sitting with my boyfriend. I'm very tired and my (well ok I share it) lovely office has been used as a dumping ground for old food wrappers, bank statements and magazines. My room needs dusting and hoovering.  Place of my own badly needed.

And I'm really really tired! Did I mention that? and I cut my fringe wonky. AND I've got loads of split ends.

Ho hum... here's some appropriate sickly and pathetic Victorian music (one of my favourite kinds)

(oh and I didn't poo actually on the floor of the dressing room, though I have been tempted to similar acts in other jobs)

23 comments:

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I adore red shoes. Red dolly shoes especially. If they're patent then I'm all over them like a rash. And I have a weakness for snub nosed shoes. Yum.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

they're great and quite comfortable, although that type do tend to cause horrendous blisters!

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great finds, I can't believe you got thos fab shorts for 50p. You can't beat floral shorts. Is your metal thing a trivet for a tea pot?

Don't you just hate it when you end up with a minging cupcake?

Xx

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have a pair of teal t-bars very like your red ones.

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Do you know that I live really near Westfield in Stratford (if that's the one you went to coz there's two), but like you I'm so obsessed with vintage and charity shopping that going there is not my favourite of experiences.

Love the red shoes a lot and the shorts are fabulous.

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the first pair of red shoes - gorgeous!

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

beautiful scores amor!
insect metal thingy would loo great a brooch.
cant believe those cute flowery shorts were .50p
I do full readings if your interested email me if your interested.
I do charge though.

besos

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous shoes and bargain shorts, too! That metal thing is fab, if in doubt wear it as a necklace, that's what I always do.
I never go to normal shops any more, they just depress the pants off me and I start moaning about the prices like a cranky old grandma. xxx

karensomethingorother said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

how come I can't find any place with magically low priced nail polish?!?! I would LOVE to find a place like that!

Lurv your shoes. They are very scrumptious colours, don't you think?

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First off... I love both pair of shoes you bought.
I think your strange object is a trivet like Louise said. You can use it for a tea pot or to hold a cooking pot once your food needs to be taken off the element.

Good choices in nail polish!
I WANT A CUPCAKE

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Red shoes - one of the essentials of life, I believe. TWO pairs? Heaven!
Is the insect-y thing big enough to be a trivet? Hang it on the wall if it's too big to be a pendant, it's beautiful.
Cupcakes have to be the most overrated thing ever - they're just buns with a ton of icing, after all, and usually hideously overpriced! As are "normal" shops, I don't go anymore either.
Hope you are feeling perkier now! xxxx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nice thrifts, lady. x

Scarlett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha - i needed a tune like that with my blogger photo dramas last night! Love your red shoes, when i wear any red shoes to work one crazy lady who works on my floor always shouts to me "red shoes no knickers" - seeing that i wear red shoes a lot they prob all think i dont own any pants ;o) Scarlett x

Heather Jean said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The square toe shoes are amazing!

Clara Turbay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

your fashion ideas are great!

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those red maryjanes are perfection.

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I agree re shopping! It's just dull unless it's old or once belonged to someone else!!!

LOVING the shoes,I have a thing for red shoes,hurrah!
I think the insect thing is a decorative trivet,it's rather groovy and would make a fabulous HUGE pendant!!!Or stick it on your head...that's how I seem to look at everything lately!!!
The cupcake looks a bit toxic,all that colour!!Avoid,avoid!!
Have a splendid w/end,dollface!XXX
I love James and no one can stop me Helga!

Elise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love jam mallows! You also get them in Farmfoods or Poundland over here... I tagged you in a post on my blog, just noticed you've been tagged already below, so yay to popularity! ;)

Pull Your Socks Up! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dear old Fountain Gate there's one on the grubby outskirts of nearly every city isn't there? "Kim: I'm off to by your Christmas present now mum. Kath: Oh, where are you going? Kim: The two-dollar shop." I NEVER step foot in the wretched places - I get dizzy, disoriented and grumpy - coz there's no op-shops!!!! Our nearest one we've dubbed "Carin-hell" and The Phoenix lived in Sheffield where they had "Meadow-hell" - hehe!! I adore your red shoes so much!!!! Yay for 50p shorts and Jam Mallows. Boo to crappy cup cakes and not having your own place. xoxoxoxoox

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lurve the first shoes - good find. But I coulda told you that cupcake would be grim.

***Faith Hope and Charity Shopping first blogiversary giveaway open now***

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

just going back over your old posts.....hmmm I wonder why? lol. The strange metal object is the lid of a pot pourri pot! My Nan had one the same it had a glass pot beneath it and the lid fited just inside the rim with the 3 little stands.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Was traipsing around the 'net & came upon your site (love the concept of taking pleasure in simple things) - the strange metal object could also be a trivet. It's a little stand to put hot pots or pans on to prevent them from scorching a counter or table top.

Bye!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ah-h-h...too late the anonymous traipsing idiot finds the astute post of Louise...my faux pas...guess I'll be on my way, then...