Friday, 10 February 2012

A ribbon runs through it

So... I've finished fixing up the two dresses I mentioned in yesterday's post

Here's the black and white one, it cost £8 all together from ebay. The collar needed re-stitching but other than that it fits like a dream.


Does it look like I have a hunchback? I was hoping the back of the collar stood out in a sophisitcated 50s way.





Sorry for the photo quality - was interrupting boyfriend from shooting people. Can you see that dropped waist? Is it ok. Maybe a belt would help. Does it help you date it at all? As I said yesterday it was advertised as being 1980s but it could be earlier.

Here's a close up of the rose at the front


And dress number two.... I added the lace collar, the deer iron on patch made by Jennie Maizels, as well as lace cuffs



Cute huh? I picked the flowers today for 99p, was thinking of making a hairband in the style of Pull Your Socks Up or Sarah @ misfitsvintage

Here's a close up!

I also picked up this cute jumper for £3.99 from my mates at Oxfam again...

Sorry again about the dodgy photo... it's the lighting in here I promise! It's got a ribbon running through it - see what I did there? And it's a lovely blue and irridescent green.

There's still snow on the ground so I need to wrap up warm! Everyone needs this song in their life!


11 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The black and white dress looks great - more glam than notre-dame!

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

No it does not make you look like you have a hunchback *lol* You can very much tell that it's just the style of the dress. It fits you magically!
"was interrupting boyfriend from shooting people"
YOU DO THAT TOO?? Thank GOD! I thought I was the only one that got yelled at....
(" I can't see... I can't see the screen. ")hahaha men!
That green dress is VERY cute I love it and I also love the collar you put on it too & of course the deer.

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love what you have done to the green dress. You made it much cuter!! x

Scarlett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such cute finds - adore the first dres. Totally loving the lace collar too - will have to pinch that idea for a couple of jumpers/cardi's i have :o) Scarlett x

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

No, I can reassure you about your hunchback concern! The dress looks great - I would say 80s myself, though I'm no expert, there were a lot of those 80s-does-50s frocks back in the day.
I really like what you've done with the green dress, it looks much better.
Cute cardigan too! xxxx

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love what you done to both dresses.
You look pretty in your black polka dot dress.. fits you like a glove.
you dont look hunchback!
love the lacey collar on green dress and adorable deer.
those flowers would make a nice big hair clip.
besos

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that green dress it's very cute. The black dress in most definitely 1980's and no you don't look hunchbacked!!

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You look fabulous! I love what you did to them!

xx

Elise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous dresses, love the style of the first one, polka dots! :)

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love both dresses, especially the lace trims on the second one. Just found your blog and glad I did x

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The first one is gorgeous - try a red belt and an enormous red flower in your hair? And I LOOOOOVE the second one - your alterations are FABULOUS! You're so clever. Sarah xxx