Saturday, 11 February 2012

Creme Caramel - updated


Did some charity shopping today, in a different town,  how exciting. Not really, Princes Risborough is quite small, although full of charity shops, everything closes early. 

However, I did pick up this outfit for £4 pounds! The skirt and the jumper were £1 each and the 1960s M&S scarf was £2. When I got home I found out the jumper was indecently see through! Argh. So I'm buying a thermal or otherwise vest to go underneath and this lovely creme caramel themed outfit should be complete

Lovely eh? I'm going to be looking out for more cream coloured jumpers and blouses to go with it. Although it's such a great colour I could match it with lots of others.

Tee hee.. I also picked up this vase/glass today


It was only 60p for such fantastic sauciness!

This hat was only £3 so I thought I better buy it! I'm not sure I like the veil, it's not very flattering. It's tacked on quite loosely and the base is a really lovely blue velvet, which is currently hidden. I might be doing a DIY job on this one 

***JUST ADDED***


This brooch by Sphinx was only £1.65  - since the shop was closing and that was all the change I had left

To escape all the hideousness of Saturday night TV... who else is watching Take Me Out and wishing they could run in and release some killer bees? Maybe just me then, don't call the police, I promise to stay at home and not go on a moron killing spree...

Here's a touch of class

17 comments:

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That reminds me of air hostesses!

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

in a good way?

Scarlett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh my - that glass/vase is blooming amazing!! I would have totally swiped that out of your hands. Scarlett x

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh indeed!

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great finds, lovely colour skirt. The dresses in the last post look fab too.

The vase is hilarious!

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey, you did some good shopping there, the outfit looks lovely, the vase is naughty-but-delicious, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the hat.
If I tell you that my 10 year old likes "Take me out", it will indicate the level that programme appeals to! Even I can't bear it, and I can tolerate some shit TV!
PS. I'm from Bucks originally, btw!
Aah, Fred... Wasn't it about him that some studio exec wrote in the original audition notes "Can't act, can't sing, dances a bit"? Class indeed! xxxxx

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful, lovely, outfit. Such a steal!

karensomethingorother said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have to say: your profile pic is FA BU LOUS. Also, you vintage-savvy ladies find some fantastic things. It has turned me into an addict, and now I troll around our vintage shops desperately trying to find something HALF as good as you've found. Alas, last night I only saw 1990's super teeny stripper dresses. Blech. The 90's might be the most over-looked, worst era for clothes.

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cute outfit!
And I am totally crazy over your vase. OMG IT IS just way to awesome. Had I seen it anywhere I would have bought it in a flash.

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Scrumptious brooch!

Sick by Trend said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love the outfit a lot :D nice post. I'm following

Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's one classy outfit and I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with that hat.
I'm rarely in on a Saturday night, thankfully. I hate crap TV. x

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I can't wait to see it on! The colour of that skirt is lovely. If the veil is covering up some gorgeous velvet I say get rid of it. x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A thrifter after my own heart! Nice haul.

yeah, big undies are the best. I wear mine just above the tummy, but not quite to the waist. I shall do a post on them. :D

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh that outfit is GORGEOUS (and what a bargain!!!) - can't wait to see what you do to jazz up that cute hat and I LOVE that brooch. Sarah xxx (Yellow frocks rock!!!)

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have nominated you for an award! Please see my blog for more details xxx

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your caramel outfit is amazing and great price amor.
Oooo lets see what you do with that marvelous hat (I'm a bit of a hat loca)
I fight you for that sexy vase ;)
I think I own a similar brooch like yours.
besios