Wednesday, 15 February 2012

At Last! Recognition!

I've just been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Melanie from The Folly Bird  - Hurrah!


This is my first award so I'm very excited. So many people to thank! Well just Melanie really.

Here's what I have to do:

After receiving the award there are several rules to follow:-
You should pass it on to 15 recently discovered blogs and let the bloggers know they have been nominated. Then you have to share 7 things about yourself. Finally thank the award giver and link back to them.
Here are the chosen ones: (Trying to find people who haven't recieved one already)



Perdita's Pursuits 
Scarlet Loves Elvis 
Sexy People On The Telephone 
Tales From The Faraway Tree
The Princess Prudence Diaries
Vintage Bird Girl
Vintage Coconut
Vintage Jane
Vintage Sweetheart 
Tickety Boo Tupney 



Obviously, if I missed you out then it doesn't mean I don't think you're fabulous, I just thought you probably had an award already! So sorry if you don't!

Here's my 7 facts

One:

I can't drive and I've never even had a lesson. I would like to learn this year as the buses are causing me so much pain and hassle I need to escape them. 

Two

I like singing in the bath and I think I do a passable Monroe impression, although from this video you can see it's not that good. I must point out that my friend was mightily impressed but videoed me at my most nervous - excuses excuses!



Three
 
When I was little I was in the "naughty class", known officially as a Behavioural Unit - for my outspoken ways and my finding schoolwork very boring indeed. From this photo, who would've believed one so innocent could've caused teachers so much consternation?
 
 
Four
 
I have two lovely dogs called Ruby and Monty, they're Jack Russell, Yorkie mixes
 

 
Five
 
I have a cat tattoo. You've probably seen it in my photos. Tis my only one and I don't have a cat any more
 
 
Six

I met Simon Pegg on holiday in Keflalonia. He was with his fiance and I was with a bunch of Sunday football louts. Don't ask why. I thought it would be a good idea. Pegg, wondered why and thought they were scum. He also told me to go to university saying it would be the best thing I could ever do. His fiance told me to read Wuthering Heights as it was amazing. They were both correct. Thanks to them both! We went to a bar and I told Simon how much I loved "Bad Train" - sigh, I was drunk and meant "Big Train". He was a nice man and walked me home.


 Seven

I had a job as a Stage Door Keeper at the local theatre for about 4 months. My job was to sit on reception ALL day and lock up the theatre at night. The building comprised of the modern theatre and the old town hall - I think there were about 50 doors to lock. I've met a few minor celebrities, but the wandering round in the dark and the crazy crazy hours, mininum wage, plus working for nightmarish jobsworth managment lead me to shout at my line manager and leave.  I also did a poo in the star dressing room after she'd gone home. HA!
The staff nights out were, pretty much every night. Madness


That shorthaired minx in the background is me, ignoring PC Plum


23 comments:

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your doggies are so cute and your tattoo reminds me of those cat vases.

I shall watch the video tomorrow as I can't find the earphones and Andy is watching the cycling (I'm multi tasking .. I can get stuck in cupboards, be on-line and listen to the telly all at the same time).

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on your award! Its nice to know a little more about you, your singing voice is lovely, but I hope that you did use the restroom in #7?? Hahaha....Your scruffies are very cute. How col that you net Simon Peg, he is way funny. Enjoy the upcoming weekend, Tam x

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

god, sorry for the typos, its gonna be that kind of morning by the looks of it! I meant 'cool' and 'met'.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh crap.. Tam, I left you out. Please consider yourself nominated!

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What cutey cutey doggies. I love them. Thank you for giving me the award, that's lovely. I'll have to think up 7 random facts and do a wee post. x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hurrah for Simon Pegg - Spaced will always be my favourite. And congrats on your first award!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well done on your first award - definitely deserved. Loved your 7 things about you. Such a cute pic of you as a kid and I like your singing voice. xx

Lucy Nation said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Aw thank you for nominating me, I'm honoured. I'll have to mull this one over for a bit I think, 7 interesting things about me, hmm! I can't believe you met PC Plum. My little girl loves Balamory and, what the heck, I do too! xx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That tattoo is incredible. I LOVE it. I want/need/am-going-to-get a cat tattoo.

I know it is not nice to play favourites, but OMG teh second dog. I am in love. I LOVE scruffy gingers. :)

Congrats on the award.

x

Scarlett said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the much deserved award and thanks for adding me as one of your noms! Love your fact - i think your singing voice is great - even my 19 month old son stopped playing and came over to the laptop to have a look. I also laughed hard at the poo :oD Scarlett x

Perdita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the award! :)

Love that cat tattoo! It reminds me of a particular 50s cat statuette I've always wanted!

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was always a bit in love with Archie and his big pink castle

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well done on your award - it's a sign you've officially arrived in the blogosphere, I reckon!
Great facts too. And such cute little Clare photos, you do LOOK angelic, even if you weren't really! And nice link from the pic of Simon Pegg on the loo to your poo story - good work!
PS. And btw - you totally owned the stage and made that song your own, you bring the Fun Factor, and it's a YES from me. Ooh, I came over all Louis Walsh for a minute, sorry... xxxxxx

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Fantasmo!!! I am terribly nosey,and am loving this taggy award!!!
I love you cat tattoo!
I only learnt to drive 2 or so years ago!! In my 40's!!! I LOVE driving! I don't worry about why I didn't for so long,I just love doing it NOW!
Haaaa,Simon Pegg rocks,as does POO in naughty places!!!
Yay for singing fabulously,nerves and all!!!
I got tagged for this by 2 peeps,so better pull finger over the weekend and do it!
XXX

Vintage Coconut said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you bunches for the award!
:)
Very great singing (I would need to be drunk before I would get up and sing in public *lol*)
Your doggies are adorable!
I love your kitty tattoo.

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for thinking of me!! I've only driven once in my life time. I hope to learn one day as the bus is crap. xx

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I thought that was David Cameron dressed as a copper in the last picture.
Your Simon Pegg story is fantastic. I can't drive, I had 17 lessons in my twenties and realised that I was completely useless and it was safer for all concerned if I stayed off the roads. x

his_girl_friday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great post! I like that you were trouble when you were a kid.

Beach-Combing Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Greetings! Thank you very much for the nomination - I now have to think of seven things to say about myself....which aren't too compromising. The fifteen nominations will be the easy part. Hmmm! I notice you are a fellow non-driver-but-will-learn-this-year! I've got this down to an art form and am currently waiting for my offspring to reach the age when they can taxi me around to work etc. The expression 'school run' will therefore take on a whole new meaning... I too love Wuthering Heights and have had various very meaningful relationships with hairy four-legged friends in my life (that isn't a euphemism for drunk ex's). I've never left any 'calling cards', but did piddle in my ex-husband's parting cup of tea... Perfidious Albion!!!!

karensomethingorother said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

schoolwork IS very boring indeed! You are RIGHT! Loved the old photies of you. Old pics are always fun!

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on your award!
love being nosey!
you look like a naughty cute little girl.
Simon Pegg story is awesome.
cute cat tatt,love tattoos.
I don't drive either.
besos

two squirrels said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your pussy cat tattoo.
congratulations on the award, just lovely.
Love v

VintageBirdGirl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you so much for the nomination. I got home from our holiday a few hours ago & I'm already catching up on what I've missed on your blog. Your page looks super pretty now too. Xx