Sunday, 22 January 2012

Take these broken wings

We had a quick trip into town and surprisingly there were some charity shops open on a Sunday. I'd already been round them about four times last week greedily looking for bargains and rather desperately looking for presents for my boyfriend and found nothing at all - apart from a pair of 80s white lace gloves - 99p from Oxfam, which I can't seem to erm.. lay my hands on at the moment, hence no photo!

However - I did get this lot -

birdy scarf - only noticed them when I got home - 49p YMCA

Dress 4.95 from YMCA shop, though originally from the "inspire" range from New Look - I find it insulting that size 18-24 people need their own special range, why not just integrate with the rest of the shop. Bastards.

I see the red dye lasted about a week then...

19th Century Seaside print - according to my internet researchings this was published in 1935, the frame and backing look very old too... and it was only £1.25!


Here's the guy this post is named after, he was only £2 and he had a broken wing so we couldn't leave the little fellow behind


it's just  a simple slipped screw, so it shouldn't be difficult to fix!

This lovely dress is actually from ebay, it arrived earlier in the week, it's from the Marks & Spencer's 125th Anniversary Limited Edition range.... think I might change the belt. £21

It's freezing outside, but according to this song, that's the best kind of weather for courting - and there's some mean tapdancing in this video:

7 comments:

Perdita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great finds. I love the subtle bird print on that scarf.

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that birdy scarf too. And the frock fits you really well - I agree about the separate range, it's crazy that they don't just do all their clothes in all the sizes. Bastards indeed. The M&S dress is cool, but I think my favourite thing is the print, that's a great find and a total bargain too! xxxxx

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really like the grey dress! SO pretty!!!

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, I just found you through Em @ A Vintage Sweetheart. I have added you to my bloglist. Love the new blog, Tamara x

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks so much! I'm really pleased with my dresses, even if one of them is from the "fatty range"

thecraftymsdevil said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nice finds, and I completely agree about shops segregating sizes. When will fashion retailers learn that everyone is different, this is part of the reason why I started making my own clothes, I'm not a standard size!

Another lovely post Clare x

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love both dresses on you especially the second one. No, I don't get segregating sizes either. Love the print. What a brilliant bargain!