Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Lessons in how not to take photographs

I have gone red! I've been thinking about it since August and finally decided to take the plunge today. I also got two dresses in the post..... these are the last two I'm buying from ebay.  

DEFINITELY

I apologise for the terrible photography once again, but I had no one to help me and it was dark outside. This dress was £14 from ebay... not very cheap by my charity shop pricing standards... and I had to undo the seams on the bust as it was too small. Hmm see if you can spot my bra here! Standards are slipping, but I'm blaming it on sinusitis
Here's the second dress with photographs even worse than the one above! It's really lovely though, same price and place as the one above, I'm sure I'll get loads of wear out of it

Hey... wait a minute.... can you see that weird face made of reflections on my body? How annoying

Here's a close up of the hair, rather wavy and frizzy. As you can see in this photo, I was placed very inconveniently in someone's way, despite it being my bed

oh and the postcards in the background are facing the wrong way.... that's it, lemsip and bed ASAP!

Good night one and all! xxxx

13 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Both dresses are rather splendid Miss S. Hair's looking good too. Hope you feel better soon. Xx

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ugh,sinusitis.Not my fave thing in the wrold.Hope it comes right soon.
I love both those frocks,the print & colours on the first are heavenly,and the black is all sleek and fab!
Yay for joining the redhead brigade!We rock!
Hey,the pix are fine,it's bloody hard taking your own pix!!
:)

VintageBirdGirl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE the first floral frock....so pretty & clever you to do some alterations!

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really like the floral frock! Rest up :)

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sinusitis is a bugger, hope you feel better soon.
Love your dresses, the first will look gorgeous with sandals in summer, and the black is most elegant.
Liking the hair colour too. xxxxxx

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thank you everyone! I'm really please with both dresses, will have to team them up with the pimped up cardi's. Right and now back to bed once again! x

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous frocks darling - get yourself a tripod - you won't regret it!

Sinusitis is THE WORST - hope you feel better soon!

Sarah xxx

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've got one, but will have to move the photo shoot to elsewhere in my house as there's nowhere to conveniently place it in my room, sigh

La Dama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hola Amor!
I love the your flowery frock!
I think I seen that one on Ebay too.
black dress is classicly beautiful.
I hate taking my pics indoors the lighting sucks.
Thanks for stopping by my bumble blog hun.
Hope you kick that sinus shit to the curb.
besios

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your red hair, I fancy changing mine again but not sure I'd get round to the root upkeep. I'm very impressed with ANY poses in the grip of sinusitis, hope you feel better soon.

Pull Your Socks Up! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I lurrrrrrrrrve your glorious hair and new frocks and I've got your wonderful old clip playing in the background:))) xoxoxo

littleowlski said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We basically have the same hair! Fringe - check! Red hue - check! Shoulder length - check! Embracing the natural curl (i.e., fighting it!) - check! Like the dresses too. I could do with one like the second one for work. Emma x

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks everyone! feeling better-sih now... sounds like owlski and I are long lost twins