Thursday, 19 January 2012

If you touch hitty pitty, hitty pitty will bite you!

I'm a massive fan of Beatrix Potter, I've even considered a tattoo! So when I was browsing on ebay for a bag I found Linda's Handbags and asked Linda if she would make me a handbag in the style of one of the others she has but with the lovely Squirrel Nutkin material I'd spotted. She kindly agreed and it was done in a trice and posted uber quickly. Including P&P it cos me £17.99 - which isn't bad.


Sorry for the dodgy photos - I'm staying at my boyfriend's and I left my good camera at home



oooh lovely lining and an inner pocket!


Lovely long handles... the sinusitis has been replaced with a sore neck and I've been meaning to downsize my huge handbag for a ages to I think I'll try this one for a while to try and take the pressure off my poor right shoulder

Here's a lovely piece of originial art and the whole of squirrel nutkin's infuriating riddle:

"Old Mr. B! Riddle-me-ree!
Hitty Pitty within the wall,
Hitty Pitty without the wall;
If you touch Hitty Pitty,
Hitty Pitty will bite you!"

the answer is a nettle

8 comments:

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sweet bag,and beautifully made!X

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks! i really love it, but will it hold all my crap? xxx

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely fabric and great job on the bag. I have much affection for Beatrix Potter's books too, they were a staple of my childhood. Sadly my own kids have utterly failed to appreciate the charm of either the stories or the illustrations... I like the Two Bad Mice and have much love for Simpkin in the Tailor of Gloucester!
PS. Thought of you earlier - I bought a little feathery headpiece off Ebay and it arrived today! xxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely bag Miss S.

Liking the hat in the previous post. Can't offer you any advice, I know nothing about hats and only wear very unexciting woolly ones. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. xx

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh it's so cute!! I never have to worry about bag weight I don't have a lot of crap lol.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oooh would love to see this feathery headpiece!

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Super cute bag! Sarah xxx

Lady Cherry said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awww that s very cute! My brother knew all the words to Peter Rabbit, and I just love Jemima Puddleduck x