Sunday, 29 January 2012

First Attempts At Millinery

It's taken me a while to write this post, I tried earlier but a chronically fuzzy head delayed me, so back after a walk up a breezy hill, past some passive aggressive cattle, then again distracted by an art problem and Earthflight I'm giving it another go!

Here we go without further ado, my first attempts at customising a hat and a fascinator. or two fascinators depending on where the line is drawn between the two:

Remember the hat from the post ? Well, I bought some netting and roses and voila!



Better light in the half finished conservatory!








hmm, difficult to find a photo where I wasn't looking a bit mental. However, I thought I'd get over my vanity and show you these in all their hilarity!

Here's a close up of the fascinator. All I did was buy the base and the feather on ebay seperately. The feather was part of a topshop fascinator thingy. I took it apart (cheap shite so not difficult) and reattched the clip on underneath the base. Easy!



I also bought this cashmere jumper from a charity shop for £3.99 and attached a fuzzy bunny patch from a job lot I picked up in a local haberdashers.

 
ps: I saw The Artist on Tuesday and it was excellent! Here's the lovely Rose Murphy version of Pennies From Heaven from it

10 comments:

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yay,well done!!! You've made a splendid job!
I love the mental pix,they're the BEST! Maybe we need a mental pix day at least once a month!!!
Ooo,keen to see The Artist,I've heard nothing but raves!
X

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ah, well done. That hat looks sooooo much better with your additions, and your fascinator is really pretty, and very wearable. I love your mental pix, lol, brightened up my evening. The artist is great isn't it? x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Brilliant job. Thought you were going for a Lady Gaga look at first, with those bottles of Becks...

I have a fascinator comb somewhere which I've been meaning to attach peacock feathers to for ages. I must dig it out and have a go.

thecraftymsdevil said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Fabulous makes, really loving the bunny patch on the jumper. I might have to borrow this idea for some of my clothes.

Vintage Sweetheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You did a brilliant job I love the netting! I love photo outakes I have tons I never show. Cutest bunny patch ever! x

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I do love that bunny patch (and the Sylvac bunny on your header). Your hat too is rather nifty; I rather like making hats, my favourite to date is my Victorian one.

xx

Miss Magpie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the becks bottles I had to go back and look again! lol

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They both look great! I always have a load of mad photos, most of them featuring blinking or a triple chin...
Just a thought, but could that first hat be tilted a little so it sits more on the side of your head? I'm no expert but thought it might look rather stylish at an angle.
PS. Have you seen Sarah at MisfitsVintage? She's wearing a fantabulous huge flower headpiece! You could rock one like that! xxxxx

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hehehe I didn't even notice them at first!

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ooh yes I saw it! I need some headpiece lessons from her! xxx