Tuesday, 31 January 2012

F-Art

Just thought I'd give you a quick introduction to my art work. I'm all excited because some local artist friends are setting up a high profile open competition in their studio in one of the towns old furniture factories.
Here's some grainy B&W shots of the place:



How could you not grow up a little bit Goth with all these mouldering Victorian Factories around you?

Anyway... back to the art...

This is what I do

Guess who? When I saw her at the wedding, I knew I had to paint her. In fact the hat was so tall that I ran out of space and had to add an extension! I won The Vintage At Southbank Bad Art Salon with her too and now she belongs to designer Wayne Hemingway (probably in the loo or something)

Gratuitous shot of me accepting the prize with judges Lulu Guinness, Wayne Hemingway, Christos Tolera and Paul Kindersley one of the curators getting in on the act 

 Here's some examples of my other work. I'm getting a bit low on work as I keep selling it (oh boo hoo Clare!)
The Orangery 2008

Mark Spitz 2008

Downley Common 2010

 Nigella 2010 (just sold this one!)


Pug 2010


Barbry Allen 2011

Old Deer 2011

You get the general idea.... big eyes, bright colours, slightly sinister. That's generally what I do. I'm also on the lookout for new subjects, so I hope you don't mind if I approach any of you wanting to paint you in your most fantastic outfits from your lovely photos (or weirdest photos). 

Also if you're an artist, please share your work and/or enter the competition in the link above!

Ps: I have 20 followers now! Woo! Thanks so much!

I mentioned Goths earlier. Well here's a handy make up tutorial from my friend Paul on how to get an edge authentic goth look. Or terrify children.

15 comments:

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Somewhat related, but I adore, adore, adore your bunny brooch on Etsy xx

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ooh cheers! ; ) free postage to you if you want it!

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooooh, fab! How would that work through etsy?

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

just set the etsy UK postage cost to free! x

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Do you only take pay pal? I don't have that any more.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

err.. well if I take it off etsy you could pay me via cheque or summat? email me dawn_breaks@hotmail.com x

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okey dokey, I shall do that xx

Louise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are fab, I love the Nigella one. Hubby can paint, but I'm totally useless. Wish I could though, being able to create something like these I'd be very happy. X

pastcaring said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, Clare, these are great! I love The Orangery best, I think. Why is everyone who blogs so bloody creative and talented, apart from me? 'Snot fair!! xxxxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Princess crazy is brilliant - you've totally got her. Love it!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Clare, your art is utterly brilliant. My favourite has to be the Nigella one. Is it a tray? It's such a fabulous idea. You need to make more. Xx

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks Loo! It is on a tray! Can't beat cheap wood to paint on, for some reason

Misfits Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooooh I LOOOOVE them - you are so clever! I am so in awe of your marvellous talent and how lovely is Paul - I adore him!

Sarah xxx

Vix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are a freaking genius! Princess Crazy is awesome, no wonder Wayne wanted her.
Paul's vid is brilliant, children follow me round all the time and the little buggers scare the bejesus out of me, maybe a goth look will scare them off. x

A Treasured Past said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Clare, your artwork is fab! I particularly like the little pug, he has such a cute expression. I have added your etsy shop to my circle too. Enjoy your week, its been a hectic one here. Tam x