Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Dressing up

My back is much better today and I no longer feel 80. So I thought I'd dress up and show off my two recent acquisitions.
 The first dress was from ebay for about £7 including P&P. The cardigan is from primark but I added some white mother of pearl buttons and in one photo you can just see the amazing iron on patch in the shape of a crown I bought from jenniemaizels.com , the necklace was about £2 from a charity shop, the shoes £25 from Clarks. Excuse the mess of my room, it tends to resemble a jumble sale a lot of the time. Mind you it's the way I like it!



  hmmm a peek into my sock drawer there...

This next dress wasn't a bargain (£34 from ebay) and I decided to treat myself to it as a Christmas present... to me. I absolutely love it, it's fits so beautifully. It was handmade by an ebay seller who made it from a 1949 pattern. Here she is: dynamite darlin




The earrings were £1 from a charity shop, the shoes were free from my mum. I just love the sweetheart neckline on this dress. So flattering! 
Signing out with a song and a promise my later photos will be better quality! xxx

I just love Ann Miller!


6 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Miss S, ooh love the dresses especially the second one. Good old Xmas pressies to oneselves eh? The best kind methinks. Glad your back is better. Xx

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks Loo! Might've accidently bought another dress!

Perdita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love all those. Sometimes it feels just great to splurge the money you've saved elsewhere with thrifty shopping on something hand made or designer! I know I love to!

Helga! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well,helloooooo gorgeous!
I'm obsessing over your hair in your profile pic!And I'm also obsessing over that fabulous halter!!!EEK!
Thank you so much for popping by my blog,I'm pleased to meet you!
:)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh the halter neck is gorgeous, I love it. And I'm a bit in love with with the birds on your blog background too.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks everyone! Those lovely birdies are from my postcard collection, which there's a link to on the blog.

I really have to do that hairstyle again, it's not even that difficult!

big love xxx