Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Beaten By Lumbago

I have TWO new wonderful dresses to show off but unfortunately I've got terrible back ache today and don't feel like dressing up. But, I thought I'd write a new post as I've gained some rather cute things over the Christmas period, not to mention finding some great new music which I really feel needs sharing. Ooh and details of my etsy shop!

A big part of my love of vintage is the music, I'm extremely fussy when it comes to anything contemporary but music especially from 1929ish to 1959ish I greedily download and play over again. I've just (today in fact) discovered what "Soundies" are- kind of 1940s music videos. There's some absolute gems out there. This is my favourite so far, it's just the cutest thing:


So adorable, I'd love that dress too.

When talking about one Christmas present, my boyfriend said "you'll hate it, it's from a charity shop and it's useless and you'll have nowhere to put it", he should know me well enough to know that's exactly what I love in a present... here it is:
 Well it fits the description but I certainly don't hate it! It looks lovingly made, probably in a shed for a birthday or Christmas, as it has no makers marks at all. How could anyone chuck this out?
oooh and he also got me a ginger bread house!
If you're a gingerbread lover then get straight to your nearest M&S and grab their reduced gingerbread houses, fudge and creme liqueur! I've also heard about gingerbread rum for sale there!

Time for a musical interlude

This catchy number by Ella Mae Morse is all about burning the candle at both ends and then being rudely awaken by the the clinking of milkbottles. I love the references to WWII women's factory work.


I found this great vanity case in Boots for £15 (half price sale) with the wonderful Hello Kitty for Liberty print I've been after for ages. It works nicely as a portable sewing box to take to my boyfriend's.





Here's one photo of me over the Christmas period, at the London Coliseum watching The Nutcracker (tickets a tenner!!), not a great photo but you get the general idea that I was rocking some victory rolls(ish) and one of my lovely new dresses with art deco dress clips...


So finally here's my etsy shop... I've added a few specially made items to it and hopefully they might eventually even sell! Let me know what you think!


I'm signing out with another Soundie, this time a rather racy one from Vanita Smythe.  The name may make you giggle a tad


2 comments:

Lady Cherry said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I saw that Hello Kitty box in my Boots but I didn't get it....wah! I could use a sewing box too! Will see if they have it still tomorrow!

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

go go go! the smellies inside were really good too!