Thursday, 22 December 2011

Lisa's new do and shopping success

Oops! Whilst out Christmas shopping I ended up with some Charity shop treats for myself! Including this original, framed (later on) Mabel Lucy Atwell postcard! £3.50.

Two pairs of earrings for £1 each...
This amazing nude fairy brooch for £2.50, hint of a victory roll about her hair I think...
I love all things violet at the moment so I picked
up the lozenges with their pleasing Victorian packaging for £2.50. The clothes plasters from The Book House in Thame are by jenniemaizels.com and were £2.99 for the robot and £8.99 for 10 tiny birds... not so cheap but such fantastic designs. There's soooo many I want on the website!!
Remember when you were little and you played with your best friend's hair because it was longer and her mum managed to get her to actually brush it? Well just because you're 30 doesn't mean you have to stop! I had a go at doing victory rolls with a short fringe on Lisa's hair, which is very thick and smooth. The result isn't bad at all. Thanks to the various tutorials, the first I came across being Fleur De Guerre's
If you look around there's some other great tutorials in the blogger community.

Here's the finished product



The rather lovely hair accessory was made by yours truely. Thinking of doing a load more and putting them on etsy in the new year. What do you think?


3 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooh my favourite purchase has to be the heart earrings - lush. Great job on Lisa's hair. The hair accessory is fabulous - it could also make a damn fine brooch I think. Xx

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you Loo! I think I'll be making a bunch of them as brooches and hair thingys very soon and they'll be cheap too! x

Gingeyginge (sharren faulkner) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy new year