Thursday, 15 December 2011

Hair Today...

Today I finally got my hair sorted out for the bargain price of £25. This post also shows my poor attempt at victory rolls. Poor compared to the ladies of the vintage blogs I follow although I've had a lot of compliments at work and people seem to get what I'm trying to do.

It's a long way from my hair idol Betty Grable, but flattering nonetheless!
However, I've found a fantastic dress from ebay. After the usual worry of whether or not it was going to fit I was pleasantly surprised. The advantage of modern fabrics being that all important stretch.

My tips for ladies trying to find bigger vintage clothes is to look for those a couple of sizes bigger. We all know that vintage clothes come up small, but looking for sizes such as 20 or 22 or above turns up some interesting finds, so don't be disheartened by the lack of sizes 16-18.

So here's my attempt at looking like a 40s femme fatal
I think some more flattering underwear is needed!
Dress - ebay £23.99
Muff (hehehe) Church Bazaar £1 

Oh and my find of the week is this early 60s hat for £1.50 from Save The Children! It's so cute! Will definitely be wearing it this weekend!


Finally - Here's some Christmas music to make you all warm and fuzzy from The Andrews Sisters and Bing



8 comments:

Andy Bowen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Clare, love the new blog. I think you look great! All the best.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you!

Simon Partridge said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your hair looks great. I'm pretty sure Betty Grable never had to contend aith doing her own victory rolls and was airbrushed to within an inch of her life in that photo! Look forward to reading more on your new blog.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks Simon!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You look really rather like Betty Grable here - lucky you! (I'm rubbish at hair so would never even attempt a vintage style do, a quasi-50s ponytail and bangs is the best I can do! Generally I just go for the rock chick unkempt look!)

Great outfit x

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you! Love your blog too. Must admit that I was lucky that day, sometimes the hair won't play ball and ends up looking birds nesty

Gabrielle-The Gift of Gab said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These photos of you are chalked full of vintage glamour. I love your dress and muff. They are fabulous!

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you! Love your blog!xx