Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Blog Of Bits

Just a quick blog to relay my depressing experiences in Beyond Retro, crafty badge and supermarket rockabilly shoes!

Whilst waiting for a friend in London, I decided to pop into Beyond Retro to find myself a 40s or 50s inspired dress. After going through the entire rack I found TWO 60s dresses in a pattern and style that Tracey Turnblad wouldn't be seen dead in. Oh, where's the hefty hideaway when you need it?

Ok, so there were some coats and jumpers that might've fit, not to mention the shoes, but that's not what I was after. And their hat selection was very poor too! I had to go and console myself with a peppermint hot chocolate and a Fortnum and Mason posh pie.

Anyway... here's my "pimp my brooch" effort. I bought this frankly unimpressive Peggy Lee pin from ebay for £5. I was disappointed with it when it arrived so decided to add it onto something else. All my own (dodgy) hand sewing!




And here are the amazing shoes I found in Sainsbury's for £11.25

Thanks to Land Girl 1980 I'm now desperate for some hair setting lotion to create perfect curls this Christmas! Will be scouting all old fashioned chemists and the bottom shelves of high street chains!

Finally, here's a Peggy Lee christmas classic for you all

 Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think I'm going to like your blog very much; it looks right up my street. Love what you did with the brooch. Have a great Xmas.

Miss Simmonds Says said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just been stalking/reading your blog, we'll have to swap photos of jumble and charity shop finds! Merry Christmas!